2016 was a year that the world would probably prefer to forget. However, I will remember this year for many reasons. 2016 was the year HowesBooksBlog was created, the year I was finally diagnosed with Depression, and the year I moved across the country to University. It was a year of many ups and downs, all of which I hope to learn from as I move into 2017.
Since the inception of HowesBooksBlog in February 2016 I have been trying to find my way. The way I blog, the way I write, and represent myself. The way I discuss topics, and the way I organise posts. And, it has certainly been a challenge – one I am still going through. However, I hope I can work towards the goals below, and see where I go from here.
Goals & Changes for 2017:
- There will be no more guaranteed Wednesday postings. If I have an announcement, a time related post or a Goodread review, those will still go up on Wednesdays, but Wednesday will no longer be a guaranteed post date.
- I wish to post more about games – reviews, discussions, and why I’m excited posts. Afterall, it is the gaming industry that I strive to be a part of.
- I aim to publish two or more reviews per month, with at least one being a full length review.
- Also, I want to complete more reads from requested reviews. I recently signed up to NetGalley and published a review request form on the blog, so hopefully I will receive more books for review.
- I want to take part in three or more Readathons – I always have so much fun taking part in Readathon challenges and talking to other participants during these events. I hope to take part in more soon.
- Plus, I hope to publish more of my own original creative writing pieces. I hope to spend more time developing my own stories as I have many ideas. Hopefully by sharing my writing, I can improve through your feedback.
- I want to publish more guest posts: whether that be me posting on someone else’s blog, or someone else posting here. It’s a nice way of getting to know more people in the blogging community.
- Goodreads Reading Challenge: I aim to read at least 20 books this year. I know 20 doesn’t seem like much compared to the amount other bloggers read, however when you consider the ginormous reading slump I have been in, 20 is a lot.
I’ve had a rough couple of months as a result of my mental health. However, instead of wallowing and making excuses, I am going to work towards a better mental state. A better diet, more exercise, a new routine, etc. Hopefully, these changes behind the scenes will ensure that I reach my personal blogging goals. I aim to create better content for you all to enjoy.
So, Let’s do this!
What are your goals for 2017? Share them in the comments below!