It’s Hour 6 of the Dewey’s 24 hour Readathon, so I hope you have enjoyed your time so far. Today is the perfect day to give yourself a break from reality, curl up in a cozy reading spot, and dive into all different types of literature. And what would today be without a list of tasty snacks and drinks? This is my list of what has and will continue to give me the energy to power through this readathon.
- Wholegrain Corn cakes with low-fat peanut butter – The peanut
butter is full of the good stuff as it contains flax, chia, and pumpkin seeds.
- Yushoi snap pea rice sticks: lightly salted – I recently discovered these at my local Tesco and found that once you open the pack you can’t close it.
- Chocolate Orange Digestive biscuits – Sadly, I didn’t have the time to bake my own cookies, so I’ll have to substitute them with these classic british tea companions with a tangy twist.
- Daim – Caramel and almond in a chocolate coat, three of my favorite foods in one place.
- Sunbites Wholegrain Popcorn.
- Dark Chocolate.
- Soreen Lunchbox Loaf – Everyones favourite childhood snack made miniature, it’s full of fibre and dates, and super yummy.
- Nescafe cappuccino – My morning boost to really wake me up, it’s one of those rare treats that I was saving for a day like this.
- Tetley’s raspberry and pomegranate green tea – Perfect if you crave something hot and sweet, it is currently my go to tea.
- Tetley’s pure green tea – I just love green tea.
- Lipton peach ice tea.
- Water – This is a no brainer, an essential. I have a 750ml bottle tucked next to my reading spot that I refill every few hours to make sure I stay hydrated.
What snacks are helping you through these 24 hours? And how is your reading progress so far?